Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Namaste Mussoorie


My last night in Mussoorie was amazing. The group went out for dinner where endless appetizers were served with good music outside. After eating (where I consumed 5 pieces of nahn with dinner) we left for Mussoorie's night celebration. Here, a huge Ravanah, the demon king, was lit on fire. The entire town watched the monumental flammable sculpture of the demon king go aflame, and cheered as the fire consumed and left nothing but a pile of ashes. Immediately after was a fireworks show; funny thing is that Mussoorie has what I like to call reverse Fire works. These fly straight into the sky, but after reaching their zenith come back down shooting into the crowd. Pretty cool if I say so myself, but still somewhat terrifying. Would hate to be shot by one of those. I leave for New Delhi bright and early. My time in Mussoorie has been incredible, putting to shame any expectations I may have had. Until we meet again Mussoorie.

-Handwritten September 23, 2009

1 comment:

  1. Fernando, what a thoughtful blog! I have been so busy that i hadn't seen it in a while, and I'm so impressed! hugs! Cathy

    ReplyDelete