Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sorry for the wait, but time flies when you're in India




More than 7,000 feet of winding road above sea level and I have arrived in Mussoorie. The ride from New Delhi (which was said to take 8 hours) took fourteen hours of time spent feeling fascinated by the passing sites. True, it was long, but I could hardly take my eyes off of what India offers. From huge statues of Hindu gods, bustling markets, and tons of people to wave to (as I have found that I and the group I'm traveling with are quite the spectacle), the 14-hour-trip sped by like a trip from NYC to SLU (maybe even feeling a little faster, and with more to see). The actual road up the "foothills" of the Himalayas, although dangerous as we almost crashed, was, at the risk of sounding sentimental, almost indescribable. I have never witnessed anything like this and only wish my family could see it. Above the clouds, above creation, we traveled, and I have arrived.
- Entry handwritten September 10, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment